IT’S EXAM TIME!
There are recurring topics that may be rare in life, but common in the exams.
- CICO, difficult airways and FONA.
- Pulmonary hypertension in adults and paeds
- Heart failure: right, left + biventricular; diastolic vs systolic; HFREF, HFNEF…here’s another good summary from MedNerd
- www.endotext.org is a free complete source for clinical endocrinology – rare but there…
- Diabetes – a disease with prevalence of 1 in 20 in Australia (in 2021) is in the exam repeatedly and commonly . Facets covered include the implications for operative risk, perioperative management of medications, complications – make sure you have a comprehensive knowledge of this pathology (for all sections of the exam)
Updated 2023 vv